Faith Baptist Church was formed in 1999 when
members from Western Park
Baptist Church of Dallas and Northside Baptist Church of Duncanville
agreed to blend the two congregations into one so that we could better
be about the business of making disciples for our Lord Jesus Christ.
The following is a combined timeline from inception to the
Faith B.C - October 27, 1999:: a joint buisiness
held for the purpose
of deciding on a name for the new church. The name chosen by
combined group was Faith Baptist Church.
W.P/N.S - November 1, 1999::
Northside Baptist Church of Duncanville with the Western Park Baptist
Church of Dallas officially became Faith Baptist Church of Duncanville.
N.S - September 1, 1999 - Northside Baptist Church unanimously voted in
favor of a merge with Western Park Baptist Church.
N.S - June 1987-88 - The Family Life Center was completed.
March 1983:: Reverend Gary McCaleb was called to Pastor the church in
March of 1983, he shepherded the church through the blending with
Northside, and remained Pastor until his retirement in April of
N.S - March 1974 - The property that contains the office building was
N.S - June 1968 - Additional property was purchased to construct a
N.S - 1965 - The current auditorium was constructed for Northside
June 1963:: The church once again moved its meeting place to West
Illinois Avenue at Western Park Drive at which time the body was
reorganized as the Western Park Baptist Church.
N.S - 1961 - A two story education building was constructed.
N.S - 1953 - The first auditorium was constructed in and now serves as
October 12, 1949 - Northside Baptist took steps to officially become a
part of the Dallas Baptist Association and later the cooperative work
of the Southern Baptist Convention.
N.S - March 13, 1949 - Northside
celebrated its first baptisms with the baptizing of Melita Cooke and
Jewel Moore. Both baptized in the Old Blue Hole of Ten Mile
December 5, 1948 - Twenty-nine people had their prayers answered with
the birth of Northside Baptist Church. The Reverend George
led in the organization of Northside. The first church
(shown below) was a 30x40 white frame building and was built on the
land where the church (as Faith BC) still resides today. The
first meeting of the group, later to be called Northside Baptist
Church, was in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Hearst Paxton at 417
Hustead. After three meetings a larger place was needed, so
the invitation of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Humble the group met in their home
on Ledbetter Drive.
W.P - March 28, 1937:: Western Park Baptist
Church was organized as the Edgemont Baptist Church with fifteen
charter members. Reverend H.L. Marler was called as the first
pastor. The church met in a building located on the corner of
Iowa and Denley Drive. But in 1938 began meeting in a
Edgemont and Denley Drive.